HOLY LAND AND JORDAN
NOVEMBER 13-25, 2019
VANCOUVER/TEL AVIV – Depart from Vancouver to Tel Aviv with stopover in Toronto. Overnight on the plane.
ARRIVAL IN TEL AVIV – Arrive in Holy Land. Arrive at Ben Gurion Airport. The pilgrimage group will be welcomed by a Diesenhaus’ representative. Transfer to your hotel. A welcome dinner. Overnight in Tel Aviv.
TEL AVIV/SEA OF GALILEE/TIBERIAS – Drive for a short visit to the city of Jaffa (Joppa), where we will take a short walking tour in picturesque alleys of the old, fortified town. We will pass by the house of Simon the Tanner and marvel at the views from the hilltop. Then, drive up north along the coast to the archaeological ruins of Caesarea, built by Herod the Great in honor of Augustus Caesar. From there we go on to visit Megiddo, where the book of Revelation mentions a great battle at the place called “Armageddon”. It is an ancient city inhabited continuously for more than five millennia (6000-500 BC). After exploring the ancient ruins drive toward the Sea of Galilee. Arrive at Tiberias and check-in to your hotel.
SEA OF GALILEE – Start the day from historic Tiberias, where Jesus lived, sojourned, and preached on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Our next destination will be Capernaum, the center of Jesus ministry. Tabgha, just north of Tiberias, is the site of Christ’s miracle of feeding the 5,000 people and at the Church of Multiplication the mosaic floor depicts a basket with loaves and two fishes. We drive on to the Mount of Beatitudes overlooking the Sea, where Jesus preached the “Sermon on the Mount” and it is believed that it was here that Jesus picked his 12 apostles. We’ll ascend to the Golan Heights to view the panoramic view of the peak of Mt. Hermon and the rugged plateau of the Golan Heights and, beneath it, the green pastoral Huleh valley. Return to Tiberias for another lovely night in town.
SEA OF GALILEE/JORDAN RIVER/JERUSALEM – Travel to Cana to visit the Wedding Church, where Jesus performed his first miracle of turning water into wine. We proceed to Nazareth, where Jesus spent his childhood, and the Church of Annunciation, built on the site where archaeologists believe the Archangel Gabriel appeared to the Virgin Mary. You’ll also see Mary’s Well and Joseph’s Church. Continue through the Jordan Valley to Beit Shean with its recently excavated amphitheater. Visit the excavations of this beautiful, preserved Roman City, which was destroyed in an earthquake. Then, onward to Jerusalem, where you check-in to your hotel.
DEAD SEA/MASADA – Through the remarkable scenery of the Dead Sea, continue to Masada, which is situated right on an isolated cliff in the Judean Desert. The site was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2001. Ascend by cable car to the fortress, which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Visit the excavations, King Herod’s palace, the synagogue, bathhouse and much more. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea. En route to the Dead Sea, you’ll see the site of the Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Nearly 1,300 feet below sea level, the Dead Sea is the lowest point on the earth’s surface. Bring your swimsuit as, if weather permits, it’s possible to “float” on the salty, mineral rich water. Return to Jerusalem for an overnight.
JERUSALEM – Start the day at Mt. Scopus. Enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Jerusalem. The holy city for each of the world’s three great religions – Christianity, Judaism and Islam – Jerusalem occupies a unique place in the world. Your tour includes the Mount of Olives, a stop at the site where Jesus first gave the Lord’s Prayer, and the Garden of Gethsemane where Judas betrayed Jesus. In the Old City, you’ll see the Western Wall and the actual site of the Second Temple, the Temple Mount. Walk the Way of the Cross, the Via Dolorosa, to Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, housing both the traditional site of Crucifixion and the Tomb of the Resurrection. To the southwest, just outside the Old City, is Mount Zion, with the traditional tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper. Return to the hotel.
JERUSALEM – Today’s tour includes Yad Vashem, the official memorial to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust established in 1953, located on the foot of Mt. Hertzel. Enjoy Ein Karem; a picturesque village on the south western outskirts of Jerusalem. This small village has great significance in Christian traditions since this is where, according to the tradition, John the Baptist was born. Visit the Israel Museum with a detailed model of Jerusalem from the time of the Second Temple and the Shrine of the Book, which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls. Drive by the Knesset (House of Parliament) and the campus of Hebrew University. If situation permits, we might visit Bethlehem to see Rachel’s Tomb and the Church of the Nativity. Return to your hotel for overnight.
SH. HUSSEIN BRIDGE OR ALLENBY BRIDGE/JERASH/AMMAN – Drive from Jerusalem to the border. After border crossing procedures to enter Jordan, drive to Jerash – City of the Decapolis, located about 45 Kms north of Amman in the fertile heights of Gilead. Visit Roman city with colonnaded streets, the ancient heater, the baths, the hill top temple, the triumphal arch, etc. Then, drive to Amman for a city tour of the Jordanian Capital. Overnight in Amman.
AMMAN/MADABA/MT NEBO/SHOBAK/PETRA – After breakfast, drive to Madaba to see the ancient mosaic map of the Holy Land and ruins of historical sites. Continue about 10Km to Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From there you will see the Jordan Valley, Jericho, Dead Sea etc. Visit the remains of the Byzantine church with a mosaic floor. Proceed via the crusaders castle – Shobak, to Wadi Mussa, the modern village of Petra for overnight.
PETRA/AMMAN – After breakfast, leave the hotel and ride on a horseback to the “Siq” (Canyon). From there, walk on foot to Petra, known as “Sela Edom” or red rock city, the ancient capital of the Nabateans from 3rd Century BC to 2nd Century AD. Visit the most Interesting carved monuments such as the Treasure (El Khazneh – a tomb of a Nabatean king), then the field of tombs, obelisks, the altar etc. From this point you can view the whole of the rock city. After the visit, leave Petra and drive back to Amman.
AMMAN/ALLENBY BRIDGE/TEL AVIV – After breakfast, leave the hotel and drive to Allenby Bridge. Cross the Jordan River and drive back to Tel Aviv.
TEL AVIV/VANCOUVER – Departure transfer from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport. Flight back to Vancouver arriving the same day.
It is time to say goodbye. We take with us unforgettable memories, friendship, and the love of God.
This itinerary is subject to change without notice, if necessary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Land Tour Price is only CDN 3,475.00 per person, which includes the CDN $750.00 non-refundable deposit. Air is extra.
- You will receive a $50.00 discount when you register and fully pay on or before JULY 31, 2019.
- Minimum 15 pilgrims required for this pilgrimage. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if there are less than 15 pilgrims.
- Bring US Dollars or your credit card.
- Bring your passport valid for at least 6 months after departure.
- Get a tourist visa from any or all of the countries to be visited in this pilgrimage, if it is required for your nationality.
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance and medical insurance are strongly recommended to every pilgrim.
- All pilgrims must sign a Registration Form and a Waiver of Liability.
- Register with full payment on or before August 1, 2019.
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival at Ben Guion Airport by a Diesenhaus Unitours representative.
- Porterage at airport. Porterage at hotels.
- Double occupancy for 11 nights in a hotel.
- Daily breakfast and dinner at the relevant hotels.
- 10 full days air-conditioned deluxe bus.
- Transfers upon departure.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Tips for the tour guide for 12 days.
- Tips for the bus driver for 12 days.
- Entrance fees based on itinerary.
Price does not include:
- Return airfares from Vancouver to Tel Aviv. Note that economy return airfares may cost from CDN $750.00 to CDN $1,250.00 depending on the month of travel and ticket sales. Use your Airmiles to buy your return airfares. Meet the group at Ben Guion Airport.
- A single supplement for hotel accommodations will be available for CDN $1,000.00 extra charge.
- Tips to restaurants/hotels.
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Border tax/Visa fees.
- Personal donations to churches.
- Optional excursions/activities/evening outings.
- Any expense of a personal nature.
- Individual shopping.
- Anything else not mentioned under “Price Includes”.
- If you cancel on or before AUGUST 31, 2019, you will receive a full refund less the non-refundable deposit of CDN $750.00.
- If you cancel on SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 or thereafter, your full payment will be non-refundable, non-transferable and non-creditable.
- If we cancel this pilgrimage, you will receive 100% full refund.
CONTACT: TERESITA NIXON
TEL: (604) 868-2354 or (604) 940-7006
205 – 938 HOWE STREET, VANCOUVER, BC V6Z 1N9
BC TRAVEL AGENT LICENCE # 71122